CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, April 23, 2009

A Week Away From The World



William and I just returned from our annual cruise to the Caribbean, sans children. We had a wonderful time. Our friends, the Huddlestons, went along too. This was our third cruise together as couples. William and I had decided that with the economy, we wouldn't take our trip this year. But, as time went on, and William becoming more stressed with work, I knew he needed to get away. Well, the only place that he can really get away is somewhere he has no cell service. There are no cell towers in the middle of the ocean. (I was unaware that ships now had them on board). We cruised the Eastern Caribbean, again. We have done that route three other times, but it is our favorite, next to Southern. We did switch it up again and try a new cruise line. We always cruise on Royal Caribbean, but tried Princess this year. Without going into detail, I can safely say that we will never try it again. Aside from the ship, we had a wonderful time. William was so relaxed. We loved

all of our stops, but especially enjoyed St. Thomas. We usually take the ferry across to St. John, but this time we tried a beach right on St. Thomas, Sapphire Beach. Heidi and I had


both heard great things about this beach. The snorkeling was great and it was very pretty. That island is always so clean. Most of the islands are so dirty. We did enjoy St. Maarten. We went to Orient Bay. It's a great beach with excellent food. It is on the French side. So, the beach was....interesting, but funny. We stopped in Tampa on our way out and back to visit my grandparents. When I took the girls to see them in February, William didn't go. He hasn't seen them since our honeymoon. We had a great time with them. We were gone for 11 days. We were extremely blessed that Troy's youngest sister, Angie, came and stayed with the girls. They loved it. Camille loved the fact that she looked like somebody. Angie has the same freckles all over as Camille. Everyone would comment on how much family resemblance they saw between them. Plus, their personalities are very similar. Megan felt a little out of place. She is very social and talkative, but found herself with two bookworms and quiet girls. She got to live a little of Camille's life for a while. When I am home, Megan and I are talking, a lot. It was good for her. We loved having Angie here. She is a great woman. I have to say woman because she is 25 now. Thanks Angie, for taking two weeks away from your life to spend with two crazy girls!

3 comments:

Karebear said...

When I grow up I want to be just like you and take a cruise once a year! I'm glad you could go and had such a wonderful time.

what a treat to have Angie come and stay with the girls. I think Anna has some of the same looks as Camille and Angie. I love it! She has the freckles and when she makes certain faces it reminds us on both Cami and Ang!

Marcee said...

How nice to be able to get a way for a few days... I would LOVE to get away right now!!

Unknown said...

http://m-h-life-in-photos.blogspot.cz/ opinion please :)