CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, August 21, 2009

Fun Times

August has been an amazing month. We celebrated both Megan and Camille's birthdays this week. Megan turned 14 and Camille turned 12. Both girls asked me to make them birthday cakes. Megan wanted a cake of Smurfette's Cottage and Camille's in the shape of a Converse tennis shoe. It proved to be more difficult than I had anticipated. After a collapse and a total remake of Camille's cake, I was able to finish it for her birthday. Megan's cake also was finished on time, but not the quality I had hoped. I was so sick of fondant that I just threw hers together. But they looked alright and tasted very good! Megan did not have an official party, but did have a few friends over to swim and have cake. After her 13th birthday, I don't host a party for them until they turn 16. But, with Camille turning 12, she had a party. Finding a theme for Camille's parties has always been difficult. She is just a unique girl. She always ends up with a swim party. Well, this year I heard about a place an hour from Grants Pass that has a zip-line course. That is so Camille. Well, Camille and 8 of her friends along with Megan, Kylee and myself headed out to give it a try. It was a blast! It was totally the perfect place for Camille! I haven't seen her have that much fun in a long time. It was worth the money, for sure. I just have to keep convincing William of that! Every year, Camille asks for the same things for her birthday. She asks for books, socks and candy. Well, she did as for a bookcase for Christmas. William and I were stumped as to what to get her this year. We found the perfect gift! We bought her an hour in a private plane with an instructor. She loved it! Camille is determined to join the Air Force and become a pilot. She has asked us for permission to join the Civil Air Patrol. She took William along with her and took her flight today. She had an instructor who allowed her to take over the controls at take off! She helped get the plane in the air and flew the airplane for the whole hour by herself. He helped her with her airspeed upon approach, but she landed on her own! She is in heaven! She has one hour of 40 down to get her license! Megan chose not to go and stay on the ground with me. For her birthday, Megan asked for a new set of scriptures. So, I bought her a new leather-bound quad with her name engraved, along with a super cute case. She was thrilled. She also got a lot of clothes, like usual! The girls are excited for school to start. I can't believe that Megan will be in high school and Camille will start 7th grade. They are growing up too fast! But, they are good girls and I am a lucky mom!




3 comments:

Karebear said...

WOW!!! I don't know what else to say! That is just awesome! Happy Birthday girls!!!

Erica Johnston said...

FUN! FUN! FUN! Will you be my mom! My birthdays in April. I'll ask for a simple cake, I promise!!!

dr dre headphones said...

Microsoft Office 2010 is an example of the Microsoft Natural User Interface (NUI). Multi-touch, gesture and object recognition. Just NUI, speech technology will NUI most important features. Microsoft Office 2010 Key uses advanced speech technology, users can use this feature set in the translation.